Tarion Warranty / 11th Month
I overlook a 110% of your property, that means the interior & exterior.
I inspect the roof and attic, the electric, the insulation with a infrared camera, right down to the foundation and basement.
You’re in good hands with Bent Nails.
Starting at $249
Get this inspection before the warranty is up, so you can verify if everything is still in proper working order!
If there is anything specific, please inform me prior to inspection.
The 1 year warranty is crucial, you only need Bent Nails once.
- Examine plumbing
- Examine electrical
- Examine your your roof
- Inspect HVAC systems
- Inspect structure and exterior for moisture intrusion
- Inspect attic
- Examine the deck structure
One Year Warranty
- This Should be mandatory! This is ALL the cosmetic issues!
- Requires a home is constructed in a workman-like manner and free from defects in material;
- Protects against unauthorized substitutions;
- Requires the home to be fit for habitation;
- Protects against Ontario Building Code violations;
- Applies for one year, beginning on the home’s date of possession even if the home is sold
Two Year Warranty
- Protects against water penetration through the basement or foundation walls;
- Protects against defects in materials that affect windows, doors and caulking and defects in work that results in water penetration into the building envelope;
- Covers defects in work or materials in the electrical, plumbing and heating delivery and distribution systems;
- Covers defects in work or materials that result in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding (such as brickwork, aluminum or vinyl siding);
- Protects against violations of the Ontario Building Code that affect health and safety; and
- Applies for two years, beginning on the home’s date of possession.
Seven Year Warranty
Your home’s seven year warranty covers major structural defects (MSD) and begins on the date you take possession of the home and ends on the seventh anniversary of that date. For example, if your home’s date of possession is October 23, 2005, the seven year MSD warranty begins on October 23, 2005 and remains in effect until and including October 23, 2012.
A major structural defect is defined in the The Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act as:
In respect of a post June 30, 2012 home, any defect in work or materials in respect of a building, including a crack, distortion or displacement of a structural load-bearing element of the building, if it,
(i) results in failure of a structural load-bearing element of the building,
(ii) materially and adversely affects the ability of a structural load-bearing element of the building to carry, bear and resist applicable structural loads for the usual and ordinary service life of the element, or
(iii) materially and adversely affects the use of a significant portion of the building for usual and ordinary purposes of a residential dwelling and having regard to any specific use provisions set out in the purchase agreement for the home
The seven year MSD warranty includes significant damage due to soil movement*, major cracks in basement walls, collapse or serious distortion of joints or roof structure and chemical failure of materials. In addition to the general exclusions, the seven year MSD warranty specifically excludes: dampness not arising from failure of a load-bearing portion of the building; damage to drains or services; and damage to finishes.